In accordance with its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to both employees and the public who may be affected by its activities, the Proprietor of Property Repair has produced the following statement of policy in respect to health and safety.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment, which is free of work-related accidents and ill health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements year on year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures;
- Consulting, on health & safety matters, with Property Repair employees and others who may work under our control to ensure that the arrangements for health & safety management are practical to implement and are effective;
- Providing safe plant and work equipment owned, used or hired by Property Repair ensuring it is safe to use and properly maintained, inspected and tested, where required;
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work;
- Ensuring that all equipment, materials and substances used by Property Repair are appropriate for their intended use and used, handled and stored safely;
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence commensurate with their role and level of responsibility;
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform;
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate;
- Promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication or relevant information;
- Furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives.
All employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment, which is free of accidents and ill health.
Our health and safety policy is reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.