Newington Builders, Edinburgh, EH16

We Cover All of Newington and Surrounding Areas...

At Property Repair we provide the Complete All Trades Property Repair Service, all under one roof. We are a One-Stop Shop based from our Head Office in Edinburgh, specialising in carrying out Insurance Repairs and Property Renovations. Our Property Repair service is carried out on behalf of the Insurance and Private Sectors. We employ Electricians, Joiners, Plasterers, Plumbers, Painters and Decorators, Tilers, Roofers and Kitchen & Bathroom Fitters.

Builders in Edinburgh, Builders in Newington

Newington Builders

Our Service Offering

Renovations, property repairs, insurance claim repairs, plumbing, joinery, carpentry, electrical, tiling, painting, floors... the list goes on.

Our word is our bond…

We guarantee all of our work for 24 months

We are a professional operation which thrives on its reputation and relationships with its clients. Operating predominantly in Central Scotland, we provide a robust and reliable service within two comprehensive but distinct markets; Insurance Repairs and Property Renovations.

about us

Newington is an area of Edinburgh, Scotland, about 15 to 20 minutes walk south of the city centre, the Royal Mile and Princes Street.

It is the easternmost district of the area formerly covered by the Burgh Muir, gifted to the City by David I in the 12th Century. It is bounded to the east by Dalkeith Rd, to the west by Causewayside, to the North by East and West Preston St, and to the south by East and West Mayfield.

Even after the 1586 consolidation of land rights over the Burgh Muir, the area remained largely rural. The Newington Estate was purchased sometime before 1672 by John Lauder, a Baillie and Treasurer of Edinburgh, who thereafter took the landed designation “of Newington”, until he became Sir John Lauder, 1st Baronet of Fountainhall. This family later also became possessed, by marriage, of the estate of The Grange, Edinburgh.

With overcrowding of the city centre being initially alleviated by migration to the north, to the New Town, via the North Bridge erected in 1772. However, many people felt that the New Town, elegant as it was, did not offer privacy and intimacy, and so, when the South Bridge was built in 1788, parts of Newington became available for development and migration there commenced, generally into small villas. Many of these can still be seen. Much of the tenement building, however, was not to come for another 100 years.

Ensuring customer satisfaction…

We guarantee all of our work for 24 months

We are a professional operation which thrives on its reputation and relationships with its clients. Operating predominantly in Central Scotland, we provide a robust and reliable service within two comprehensive but distinct markets; Insurance Repairs and Property Renovations.

find out more